Sunday, December 16, 2018

On Grief and Mourning part #3

The Last year of Juan's life was pretty good with he and I...we went to movies, several lunches and Dinners, to the mall in Golden or to a coffee shop to spend time together and just hang out...

Juan was beginning to use the public transportation system in Denver, he was learning the Bus routes and the light rail schedule.
Jefferson County, Colo. social services through the school district was teaching him some life skills and how to work a job.

 Juan had a small job at Planet Fitness, and R.E.I., and later a job at the YMCA where he was learning how to work with little kids...

Juan however still struggled with any authority, he many times refused to take direction or any instruction from his work superiors or managers or his mother and I...This is actually a fairly typical trait of those with Fetal Alcohol syndrome...

We had some great talks Juan and I the last year of his life...he wanted to know a lot about the Bible, about Jesus and God. He was thirsty for the knowledge of God. So when together we would discuss everything from Eschatology (theology of the End of Days) to what Jesus meant in a lot of his sayings.

Juan would ask me a lot of questions about what the bible meant and he had his own ideas of what it meant. I would try to direct him to stick with what the Bible actually says and not to try to make up his own Theology, but stick to scripture to form his ideas about God and Jesus...

When I had a music gig in Denver at a corporate event, Jazz club or Funk R and B club, a
showcase event at a theater or ministry type event, I would always try and stop to see Juan first and grab some dinner even if it was fast food, or sometimes I'd bring some food down with me and we'd eat it at the house before I had to go to a gig. These are the times I remember where Juan and I really had some good times and laughs...

Juan had a truly great sense of humor and loved to laugh and was ready with a new Joke to tell me when we would have some hang time...

This is the end of part three on grieving and Mourning.

No comments:

Post a Comment